RESOURCE CENTER AT SULPHUR SPRINGS
The resource center is open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 3:00pm. Available services include:
- Job Searches
- Resume Building
- Computer Access
- Fax and Copies
To schedule your 30 minute appointment, please call 813-936-3064.
Tampa, FL 33604
In accordance with local ordinances and for the safety of neighbors and our resource center employees, all who visit will be required to wear a mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Masks will be available for those who don’t have their own.
Additional help is available through our Coronavirus Assistance Center, with resources and links to unemployment benefits, free tax help, food banks and meals for students, small business loans and much more. For urgent situations, please call 2-1-1.
Our place-based initiative focuses on three pillars: Early Learning, Youth Success and Financial Stability. The Resource Center at Sulphur Springs’ primary focus area is financial stability through workforce development and economic support. We work with individuals and community partners to address employment, educational and social service needs for our clients. SSRC also employs proven programs which enables job seekers to receive training in employment sectors which will provide a sustainable living wage.
Our work is part of a larger neighborhood plan fostering economic stability and community involvement. We offer community coordination and services to connect families to needed resources. SSRC is continuously at the core of the neighborhood’s support systems and has become part of the fabric of the community and the people it represents. We are always looking to the future and constantly exploring opportunities to expand services and increase partnerships to better serve the Sulphur Springs community.
Services currently offered at Resource Center at Sulphur Springs
- ACCESS Assisted Site
- Basic Computer Classes
- Career Training & Certification
- Case Management
- Computer Lab
- Employment Services
- Financial Coaching
- First Time Home Buyer Classes
- GED Classes
- Legal Aid
- Notary Services
- Soft Skills Training
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- Wi-Fi – Free
PARTNERS IN SUCCESS
- Bay Area Legal Services
- Corporation to Develop Communities of Tampa, Inc. (CDC of Tampa)
- Champions for Children/Layla’s House
- City of Tampa – Parks and Recreation Department
- City of Tampa Water Department
- Conn Memorial Foundation
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
- Department of Health
- Devereux Kids
- Heavenly Angels Mobile Food Pantry
- Hillsborough Community College
- Hillsborough County School District – Sulphur Springs Community School
- Positive Spin
- Sulphur Springs Neighborhood Alliance
- Sulphur Springs Neighborhood Association
- Sulphur Springs Neighborhood of Promise
- Tampa Bay Workforce Alliance
- Tampa Police Department/R.I.C.H. House
- Tampa YMCA
United Way Suncoast, with partnerships across the community, is committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by leading and participating in programs focused on helping families and individuals increase income and build financial assets.