RESOURCE CENTER AT NORTH GREENWOOD
Our North Greenwood Resource Center is open Monday – Thursday from 9:00am. to 5:00pm. Available services include:
- Job Searches
- Resume Building
- Computer Access
- Financial Assistance
- Fax and Copies
- Programs for Middle and High School students
Clearwater, FL 33755
North Greenwood Resource Center
The North Greenwood Resource Center addresses the need for financial stability by providing individuals with job search and preparation services, training and certifications, and financial education through ongoing programs and partner relationships that meet the needs of employers and residents.
The North Greenwood Resource Center addresses additional financial needs by providing technology and resources for families and individuals to connect with ACCESS, health care plans, and other programs that lead to financial stability.
The North Greenwood Resource Center, through Operation Graduate, addresses the need for increased High School Graduation rates by providing ongoing mentoring, tutoring, credit recovery, and college enrollment programs.
Operation Graduate is a partnership between United Way Suncoast, the Clearwater Police Department, Pinellas County School District, and St. Petersburg College. The focus of Operation Graduate is on-time high school graduation. The program targets two groups of students. One takes credit recovery classes so they can graduate with their peers; the other group is introduced to college and work experiences.
OPERATION GRADUATE OBJECTIVES
- To increase the number of youth with on-time graduation.
- To introduce college and work experiences to youth. One hundred percent of dual enrollment students passed the college experience component of the project.
- To develop life skills among youth.
- To provide youth and families with service referrals and interventions.
|Pinellas County School District||Provides educational opportunities through Credit Recovery and Dual Enrollment.|
|St. Petersburg College||Provides college courses and college experience for teens through Dual Enrollment.|
|Clearwater Police Department||Provides partnership through facility usage, recruitment, mentorship, and program implementation and funding.|
|Clearwater Parks and Recreation||Provides a recreational scholarship for teens at North Greenwood Aquatic Center.|
|PEHMS||Provides financial assistance and case management.|
|AMI Kids||Provides training programs for 16-24-year-olds.|
|Feeding America||Provides weekly food distribution items for families.|
|Boley Centers||Provides training programs for 14-18-year-olds.|
- To champion the development of children and youth in North Greenwood in recognition of the role they will play in preparing for their future and assuring the continuing viability of the community.
- To improve the economic development of North Greenwood in terms of its human and physical resources.
- To implement strategies that recognize education as a lifelong pursuit that benefits both the individual and the North Greenwood neighborhood.
- To leverage North Greenwood’s existing strong leadership and develop future leaders by investing in their continuing development, including an emphasis on collaboration and cooperation for the good of the community.