Need to File a Return:
Following recommendations from the CDC and Florida Department of Health, United Way Suncoast will continue to offer our VITA services at limited capacity.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions for all Sites:
- All sites, regardless of type, will operate on an appointment-only basis.
- Appointments will be spaced in a way to limit interaction and ensure no overlap of taxpayers.
- A screener will contact taxpayers the day before the appointment to confirm and complete health screening using questions designed by the CDC and FL DOH. Screeners will require taxpayers to reschedule appointments if COVID symptoms are present.
- When possible, a screener will email a copy of the intake sheet to the taxpayer to complete before they come to the site. This will reduce the amount of time the taxpayer is physically present at the site.
- Only the taxpayer (and spouse if married filing jointly) may come to the site. No other individuals will be admitted.
- All volunteers and taxpayers must wear a mask or face covering at the site. Masks will be available at all sites if needed.
- Volunteers and taxpayers will maintain distancing of at least 6 ft.
- Surfaces are wiped down between appointments.
- A federal photo ID is required. If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must present ID.
- Social Security card for all family members. No copies.
- Do you have a fever or above normal temperature?
- Have you experienced shortness of breath or had trouble breathing?
- Do you have a dry cough?
- Do you have a runny nose?
- Have you recently lost or had a reduction in your sense of smell?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results?
- Have you traveled outside the US by air or cruise ship in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the US by bus or train within the past 14 days?
Economic Impact Payments are now being mailed as a check or a prepaid debit card. Get more information here.
Direct Deposit Information:
Direct deposit is a safe and convenient option for receiving your tax refunds, as well as the quickest way to received them. You will need an account number and a routing number from a bank or a credit union to set up direct deposit. If you don’t already have an account, please see our Bank On Suncoast page for a recommended list of no-overdraft and low-cost checking accounts available in the Suncoast region.
The following partners help make our free tax preparation possible through funding, training, site availability and support:
|AARP||United Way Suncoast||FL Prosperity Partners|
|CDC of Tampa||H&R Block||Hillsborough Community College|
|IRS||MacDill RAO||Linnie E. Dalbeck Memorial Foundation|
|Republic Bank||TD Bank||Stetson University|
|Third Federal||Wells Fargo|
United Way would also like to thank the following year-round tax sites for their hard work and dedication:
|Daystar Life Center||United Way Suncoast Resource Center at Sulphur Springs|
|CDC of Tampa||United Way Suncoast – Sarasota Office|