Dear VITA Client –
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and following recommendations from the CDC and Florida Dept. of Health, our VITA sites are closed indefinitely.
We apologize for any convenience this causes you but our main concern is the continued well-being of our tax clients, volunteers and staff.
Please check this website regularly and follow us on social media (listed at the bottom of this page) for the most up-to-date information.
We encourage you to do your taxes for free online at myfreetaxes.com or the IRS-certified free file site. Additional tools to help you include a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and a form to submit a question if you don’t see yours on the FAQ sheet.
The tax filing deadline has been delayed until July 15, 2020, although the IRS is encouraging anyone anticipating a refund to file now. If you owe money on your taxes, payments are being deferred until July 15, 2020 as well. For more information, please visit irs.gov/coronavirus.
OFFICIAL 2020 FREE TAX PREPARATION LOCATIONS
For locations in Hillsborough county, click here.
For locations in Pinellas county, click here.
For locations in DeSoto and Sarasota counties, click here.
For locations in Manatee county, click here.
DID YOU EARN LESS THAN $66,000 LAST YEAR?
Have your federal tax return prepared, e-filed, and direct deposited for FREE. You don’t need to pay $200 or more for simple tax preparation! IRS-certified volunteers will prepare your taxes and ensure you get the largest refund for which you qualify. You may also be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) when you file.
Let us prepare your taxes for you, or click the link below to prepare your own taxes using our free online filing option at www.MyFreeTaxes.com.
WHAT TO BRING
- Last year’s federal income tax return.
- Social Security cards and correct birth dates for all family members.
- A photo ID. If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must present a photo ID and be present to sign the return.
- All W-2 wage and tax statements for current tax year.
- All 1098 forms (for mortgage, higher education expenses, etc.).
- All forms 1099 and other income statements.
- Form 1095-A (ACA Healthcare)
- Amount of any income not reported on a statement.
- Records with amounts of deductible and qualified expenses not shown on a statement.
- A checking and/or savings account number for direct deposit (optional, but you will receive your refund faster than a paper check).
- Name, address and tax ID or social security number of any child care providers, along with the total amount paid for childcare.
The following partners help make our free tax preparation possible through funding, training, site availability and support
|AARP||FL Prosperity Partners||United Way Suncoast|
|CDC of Tampa||Hillsborough Community College||H&R Block|
|IRS||Linnie E. Dalbeck Memorial Foundation||McDill RAO|
|Republic Bank||Stetson University||TD Bank|
|Third Federal||Wells Fargo|
United Way would also like to thank the following year-round tax sites for their hard work and dedication:
|Daystar Life Center||United Way Suncoast Resource Center at Sulphur Springs|
|CDC of Tampa||United Way Suncoast – Sarasota Office|