United Way of Sun Coast brings together people and resources to tackle complex issues and drive sustainable positive change to help our community thrive.
Improve the lives of children, families and
Community Members who are in a position to make changes and improve their financial wellness are paired with dedicated volunteer coaches, Financial Resource Guides (FRG). Together, they develop a plan of action that will help the Member achieve their financial goals.
Do you have at least one financial goal?
With support from a personal financial coach, you can maintain a spending plan, save for a new car or home, start an emergency savings or vacation fund, maximize your tax refund, review your credit report and increase your score, create a debt management plan, understand financial products and services, align your financial goals with professional and personal goals, and so much more! The program is:
- Trustworthy: coaching is offered free; volunteers must pass a background check and will never attempt to sell you products/services
- Flexible: you decide when it is best to meet with your coach
- Personalized: sessions are member-driven to fit your needs
- One-time only session: receive information to address a specific topic, question, or concern (i.e., how to dispute something on a credit report)
- Regular sessions: strengthen your financial wellness by meeting on a regular schedule (i.e., every month for 6 to 12 months) to focus on your overall financial picture
- Virtual*: video chat (preferred) or phone call
To receive your own coach:
*Due to COVID-19, in-person meetings are unavailable until further notice.