United Way of Sun Coast brings together people and resources to tackle complex issues and drive sustainable positive change to help our community thrive.
Improve the lives of children, families and
Community Members who are in a position to make changes and improve their financial wellness are paired with volunteer Financial Coaches. Together, they will develop a plan of action to help the Member achieve their financial goals.
Do you have at least one financial goal?
With support from a personal financial coach, you can maintain a spending plan, save for a new car or home, start an emergency savings or vacation fund, maximize your tax refund, review your credit report and increase your score, create a debt management plan, understand financial products and services, align your financial goals with professional and personal goals, and so much more! The program is:
- Trustworthy: coaching is at no cost to you; volunteers must pass a background check, receive training and will never attempt to sell you products or services.
- Flexible: you decide the best time to meet with your coach
- Personalized: sessions are member-driven to fit your needs
- One-time only session: receive information to address a specific topic, question, or concern (i.e., how to dispute something on a credit report)
- Regular sessions: strengthen your financial wellness by meeting on a regular schedule (i.e., every month for 6 to 12 months) to focus on your overall financial picture
- Meeting Method*: video chat (preferred), phone call or in-person
To receive your own coach:
Please complete this brief intake application. After submitting an application, you will be provided a link to our online Appointment Scheduler and can immediately schedule a virtual appointment with a coach.
*Coaching is offered virtually by default for your convenience, and available in-person based on your interest and accessibility.
Are you passionate about financial knowledge, skills, and access?
Learn more about becoming a Financial Coach by visiting our Volunteer website.
United Way Suncoast, with partnerships across the community, is committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by leading and participating in programs focused on helping families and individuals increase income and build financial assets.