Bank On Suncoast is a local coalition that works with community stakeholders to improve the financial stability of individuals who do not have any bank accounts or use alternative financial services, like check cashing services and payday loans. Bank On’s goal is to ensure that everyone has access to safe and affordable banking products and services.
Individuals without any bank accounts spend an average of $40,000 during their lifetime on fees to manage their finances. As of 2017, 26.7% of households in the Tampa Bay region either did not use bank accounts or utilized alternative financial services. Bank On Suncoast partnered with financial institutions to offer no overdraft and safe checkless checking accounts to help these individuals enter the financial mainstream and the path to prosperity.
Benefits of Getting Banked
- Individuals’ money is safe and insured by federal regulators including Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) or National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- Individuals with bank accounts are more likely to increase their savings.
- Individuals with bank accounts have increased access to credit.
- Bank accounts allow people to get direct deposit and automated savings, leading to more long-term financial growth and stability.
Bank On Certified Accounts available in the Suncoast Region
- Axiom Bank AxiomGO account open online
- Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Account
- Cadence Bank eChecking Account
- Chase Secure Banking Account open online
- Citibank Access Account open online
- Iberia Bank Ability Banking Account
- Wells Fargo EasyPay Card open online
Steps to open a Bank On certified account
Bank On certified accounts can be opened in each financial institution’s local branches. Be sure to refer to the specific account names listed above. Online account opening is currently available with Axiom Bank AxiomGO Account, Chase Liquid Account, Citibank Access Account, and Wells Fargo EasyPay Card
Ways to get involved in Bank On work
- Refer Bank On certified accounts to your friends and families who need a safe checking account or want to opt out of their current checking accounts.
- Request to host a Bank On 101 workshop of your program, event, or organization. The Bank On 101 workshop module covers the essentials of banking and benefits of getting banked.
- Integrate Bank On certified account opening into your program and services. If your program or service involves payment streams, like stipends and wages, inserting the safe account opening process is the best approach to expand and scale the banking access.
- Connect your financial institution partners to Bank On Suncoast. The Coalition welcomes all financial institutions to meet the Bank On National Account Standards and get Bank On certified in the Suncoast region.
- Join the coalition and receive updates of Bank On events and training resources by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact Linlin Liang at 813.274.0928 or