Community Members who are in a position to make changes and improve their financial wellness are paired with dedicated volunteer coaches, Financial Resource Guides (FRG). Together, they develop a plan of action that will help the Member achieve their financial goals.
Do you have at least one financial goal?
With support from a personal financial coach, you can maintain a spending plan, save for a new car or home, start an emergency savings or vacation fund, maximize your tax refund, review your credit report and increase your score, create a debt management plan, understand financial products and services, align your financial goals with professional and personal goals, and so much more! The program is:
- Trustworthy: coaching is offered free; volunteers must pass a background check and will never attempt to sell you products/services
- Flexible: you decide when it is best to meet with your coach
- Personalized: sessions are member-driven to fit your needs
- One-time only session: receive information to address a specific topic, question, or concern (i.e., how to dispute something on a credit report)
- Regular sessions: strengthen your financial wellness by meeting on a regular schedule (i.e., every month for 6 to 12 months) to focus on your overall financial picture
- Virtual*: video chat (preferred) or phone call
To receive your own coach:
- DeSoto, Manatee, & Sarasota Counties:
- Contact Nichole Pena – email@example.com
- Hillsborough & Pinellas Counties:
*Due to COVID-19, in-person meetings are unavailable until further notice.