LEADERS IN PHILANTHROPY
The United Way Suncoast Tocqueville Society is an esteemed group of business, community, and philanthropic leaders dedicated to tackling our community’s most pressing challenges. Our members understand how generosity today impacts the generations of tomorrow. Membership includes individuals, households and foundations who contribute $10,000 a year or more to United Way. A $100,000 gift grants a donor membership in the National Tocqueville Society, and the Million Dollar Roundtable includes donors who contribute $1,000,000 or more to United Way within any five-year period.
LEARN MORE ABOUT JOINING THE UWS TOCQUEVILLE SOCIETY
The namesake of the Tocqueville Society, Alexis de Tocqueville, admired three aspects of American life that continue to define our society: Liberty, equality and the spirit of neighbor helping neighbor. Today, members of United Way’s Tocqueville Society exemplify that philanthropic spirit that so impressed the young Alexis de Tocqueville when he first visited the United States.
We know leadership giving has a broader impact on our community, leaving a far-reaching legacy. By joining Tocqueville Society, you can influence meaningful change and create opportunities for all, starting with empowering youth to be successful in school and in life.
By joining the Tocqueville Society, members become part of a committed group of civic-minded leaders who care about making a positive difference in our community. Tocqueville Society members receive special communications and have opportunities to network with business and community leaders, colleagues, other philanthropists, and friends by participating in informational and social events.
- Quarterly newsletter to keep members updated on United Way Suncoast work in the community
- Connection with like-minded business and community leaders who have a passion for driving social impact
- Enhanced networking opportunities and exclusive events throughout the year
- Philanthropic advising services to help you manage and reach your charitable goals
- Volunteer and learning opportunities at United Way Suncoast and through our community partners
- Recognition in United Way Suncoast Annual Report
- Demonstrates your leadership and commitment to our community
- Opportunity to make a meaningful and lasting impact on children and families in our community
Tocqueville Society investment levels start at a minimum of $10,000 annually to United Way, with at least $5,000 invested directly in a United Way Suncoast program through your workplace campaign or through our Donate page. Gifts can be made by check, personal giving account, planned giving, stock transfer, or qualified IRA charitable distribution.
- La Table Ronde de Millions de Dollars — $1,000,000 and above
- Ordre de Prospérité — $750,000 – $999,999
- Ordre de Connaissance — $500,000 – $749,999
- Ordre d’Indépendance — $250,000 – $499,999
- La Société Nationale — $100,000 – $249,999
- Ordre de Fraternité — $75,000 – $99,999
- Ordre d’Egalité — $50,000 – $74,999
- Ordre de Liberté — $25,000 – $49,999
- La Societé de Côte de Soleil — $15,000 – $24,999
- Membres de la Société — $10,000 – $14,999
By making an annual Leadership gift of $10,000 or above, you will join other philanthropic leaders in the Tocqueville Society who trust United Way Suncoast to make the most meaningful impact and produce smart solutions to meet the needs of our communities. Your Tocqueville Society donation is an investment in ensuring our neighbors the freedom to rise.
For more information, contact Sara Miller, Senior Director, Individual Philanthropy, at 813-274-0903 or email@example.com.
2022-23 TOCQUEVILLE SOCIETY CABINET
Sara Nichols, Chair, AppSpace
David Collins, Collins Family Foundation
Tammy Davis, StevenDouglas
Eddie Perez-Ruberte, Northwestern Mutual
Daniel Vigne, Northern Trust
At United Way Suncoast, our mission is to provide leadership that improves lives and creates lasting community change by mobilizing the caring people of our communities to give, advocate, and volunteer. United Way Suncoast provides pathways to education and financial stability that give every person in our community the freedom to rise.