Join United Way Suncoast for a deep dive into the importance of early learning. Our upcoming FREE Virtual Screening of “No Small Matter” is the first feature documentary to explore the most overlooked, underestimated, and powerful force for good in America today: early childhood education.
A panel discussion will follow the screening discussing the economic, governmental and societal impacts early learning has on young children.
8-8:45 a.m.- Watch No Small Matter Documentary from the comfort of your home or office
9-9:45 a.m.- Engage with a Panel Discussion
Our esteemed panel will answer questions and provide insights on early learning and policies within our own community:
- Dianne Jacob, Senior Vice President and Director of Client and Community Relations with PNC Bank, has spent the last 38 years in Tampa, Florida and has immersed herself in all aspects of community building. Dianne is SVP and Director of Client and Community Relations with PNC Bank and has worked at a vice president level in commercial interior design, commercial real estate, the construction industry and Tampa Bay & Co., now Visit Tampa Bay, the area’s convention and visitor’s bureau. She applies considerable time toward servant leadership, having served on more than 40 Boards of Directors. Through PNC Foundation’s, Grow Up Great, Ms Jacob has focused her community work in Early Childhood Education serving on the Board of The Early Learning Coalition of Hillsborough County, Champions for Children and developed an early learning initiative, Little Kids, Big Minds, with 12 cultural institutions and Hillsborough Community College’s Early Learning department.
- Lindsay Carson, CEO of the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas, is a hands-on nonprofit executive and early educator known for research based decisions and efficient operational management. She has dedicated her career to bridging the opportunity gaps for young children through equitable access to high-quality early learning programs. Ms. Carson is the Chief Executive Officer of the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County, which serves over 15,000 children annually. She has nearly 20 years’ experience in the early childhood field, and holds a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education and a Master’s degree in nonprofit management, both from the University of Central Florida.
- Juanita McClinton-Lee, Executive Director of A Brighter Community, Inc, since 2013, is responsible for high quality education and curriculum that our students receive as well as the day to day operations of the school. Juanita received her Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education in December of 2016. She graduated from the University of Tampa in 2006 with a Bachelor of Science. All four of Juanita and her husband, Vernon Lee Sr’s children have attended A Brighter Communities programs.
- Representative Jennifer Webb was raised by her community and now strives each and every day to give back. As a State Rep. her focus has been supporting economic development, increasing access to Mental Health resources, and protecting our waterways. She plans to continue working towards reducing hunger, supporting high quality public schools, and fighting for the interests of all of Florida’s families.
- Moderator: Jessica Muroff, CEO of United Way Suncoast, ensures connections are made that cultivate growth, increase community impact and optimize delivery of the organization’s strategic priorities that fight for the education and financial stability of every person in the community through educational programs that give children the skills to succeed, helping adults achieve long-term financial stability and activating caring individuals through volunteerism. Prior to joining United Way Suncoast in 2019, Jessica was the CEO for Girl Scouts of West Central Florida. She began her nonprofit career at Frameworks of Tampa Bay, Inc. where she served as CEO for two years; and was previously the organization’s director of marketing and communications. Prior to working in the nonprofit sector, Jessica was manager of account services at Raymond James Financial, Inc., director of marketing at Saks Fifth Avenue, and an account executive at Roberts Communications.
A link to the virtual screening and panel discussion to follow will be sent to the email you registered with the evening prior the live virtual event.