|Job Title:||Vice President, Neighborhood Initiatives|
|Reports to:||Chief Impact Officer and Tampa Bay Area President|
Summary: The Vice President, Neighborhood Initiatives works in collaboration with the Chief Impact Officer and other Senior Team members as well as colleagues and community partners to shape and lead our place-based work. She/he has substantial knowledge of the United Way Suncoast focus on the ALICE population (Asset Limited Income Constrained Employed) and our strategic areas of early literacy, youth success and financial stability. The Vice President, Neighborhood Initiatives brings strategic vision and has demonstrated his/her ability to successfully convene partners and staff to execute programs and initiatives. She/he also must have a positive track record in working effectively with multi-ethnic, multi-cultural communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Using best practices, research, existing successes, and input from team and community members, develop a regional, comprehensive strategy and framework for United Way Suncoast’s place-based/neighborhood work. Create multi-year and annual workplans and budgets for this work in partnership with neighborhood staff members. Accountable for the execution of strategies and creation of anticipated results. Update strategy and approach as needed, based on research and resident input.
2. Ensure frequent and ongoing input from community members, using an Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) lens or other neighborhood development models. Develop framework for resident engagement and support team members with implementation. Ensure that resident engagement work aligns with United Way Suncoast’s organizational focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
3. Supervise and develop neighborhood staff team. Rearticulate neighborhood position descriptions based on needs of updated strategy and framework. Evaluate existing capacity and work with
Human Resources on training and hiring needs. Empower decision making abilities of neighborhood staff team. Empower neighborhood team to learn and improve on an ongoing basis.
4. Work with the Chief Strategy and Operations Officer to evaluate operations and facilities management at each site and make recommendations for improvement. Evaluate operations needs on an ongoing basis and ensure that neighborhood staff have the capacity to execute on workplans.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with community partners to maintain and improve place-based work. Ensure that place-based work, where possible, integrates with existing/developing community initiatives. Ensure that place-based staff is represented in key community collaborations.
6. Identify local opportunities for policy advocacy and/or system improvement and make recommendations for areas of focus to the public policy committee.
7. In partnership with the Manager, Data and Outcomes, develop and oversee measurement framework to ensure documentation of outcomes and day-to-day management of data and information in place-based programs. Set results targets with neighborhood staff and monitor progress. Lead staff team in using data for continuous improvement of place-based programs. Identify and implement process improvements for place-based work. Ensure that problems are addressed quickly and that plans are recalibrated based on new developments. Provide the place-based perspective regarding United Way Suncoast’s focus on becoming a data-informed organization.
8. Develop data and outcomes expectations of partners in place-based work and ensure that results targets are included in Memorandum of Understandings (MOU). Oversee contract management for place-based work and support team to monitor compliance with MOUs. Develop reporting protocol for all partners and ensure that reporting is accurate and on-time. Oversee development and monitoring of budgets and work with finance to ensure spending is on track.
9. In partnership with Education and Financial Stability Directors, integrate education and financial stability strategies into place-based work. Identify interdependencies and work with Community Impact team members to clarify roles and responsibilities.
10. In partnership with the Senior Manager, Investment Strategies, develop criteria, application, screening tools and volunteer structure for any place-based investments.
11. Work with Resource Development and Finance teams to develop grant applications and major giving proposals, interface with donors and prospects and identify fundraising needs.
12. Serve on Senior Team and provide place-based perspective on integration with organizational strategy and planning. Work with Area Presidents to build place-based strategies and share best practices.
13. Serve as staff lead for communications regarding Hillsborough/Pinellas place-based programs and work with Marketing/Communications team to ensure that place-based work is represented in organizational messaging.
14. Convene and/or participate in appropriate internal and external committees and task forces in support of United Way Suncoast’s identified priority areas.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage the Neighborhood Resource Center staff.
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with eight years’ experience or a combination of 10 years of work experience and education in the focus areas of: community development, community organizing, economic/workforce development and/or place-based work, especially working with grassroots organizations and/or communities of color
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Strategy development experience and proven ability to execute on strategy
- Experience managing, building and empowering teams
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to work with a diverse range of people and organizations
- Demonstrated success in building strong, productive relationships
- Interest in ongoing learning and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to build initiatives rooted in best practices and community input
Strong active listening, business writing, conflict resolution, coordination, facilitation and consensus building. Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
Strong analytical and summation skills necessary. Demonstrated understanding of community program evaluation and monitoring including identification, tracking and reporting of outcomes necessary.
Requires good working knowledge of MS office software and data base programs.
Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop presentations. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels with extensive in-the-field activities within the Tampa Bay area.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org