|Job Title:||Vice President, Finance|
|Reports to:||Chief Strategy and Operations Officer|
Summary: Oversees all aspects of accounting and manages the Finance Team to ensure the highest level of transparency and accountability. The Vice President, Finance leads all staff on the Finance team. He/She also works closely with Campaign Processing, Donor Choice, and Accounts Receivable and performs research related to pledge and payment application, designation disbursements, and other analysis as required. The Vice President, Finance oversees all aspects of pledge and payment processing, including flow of envelopes, cash management, designation disbursement, and credit card payment procedures. He/She reviews analysis of accounts receivable and looks for anomalies in pledge and payments received and identifies appropriate follow up measures as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Coordinates the month-end close to ensure timely preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Records monthly activity relating to pledges, bad debt, designations and credit card payments to the general ledger.
- Reviews monthly general ledger reports for accuracy and completeness. Performs monthly reconciliations of subledgers to the general ledger for various accounts, including pledge receivable, allocations and designations payable.
- Prepares monthly financial statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversees and reviews designation payouts to ensure compliance with United Way Worldwide Standards.
- Manages cash flow and maintains banking relationships.
- Coordinates year-end close, annual financial audits and completion of 990. Assists the Chief Strategy and Operations Officer (CSOO) with the preparation of necessary tax forms.
- Assists the CSOO in the oversight of the operating budget, including functional and responsibility reporting.
- Works with the CSOO to prepare and deliver information for Board of Director Committees.
- Plans and develops policies and procedures for the processing and maintaining of accounting records in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Participates in cross-functional teams overseeing organization-wide activities.
- Reviews current work processes and makes recommendations that will enhance productivity and efficiency with an emphasis on cost reduction.
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages Senior Accountant and Staff Accountant and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, active Florida CPA license, plus five years of accounting experience with supervisory responsibilities.
Language skills: Ability to read and interpret complex accounting information, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to resolve pledge collection issues.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A Florida Certified Public Accountant license, as well as a valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Other Qualifications: Ability to travel to Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota counties and other offsite locations as required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org