|Job Title:||Senior Manager, Neighborhood Strategies|
|Reports to:||Director, Strategic Impact|
Summary: The Senior Manager, Neighborhood Strategies, with the guidance and oversight of the Director, Strategic Impact, provides operational management and strategic leadership of United Way Suncoast’s (UWS) Education Impact, Engagement and Impact Volunteerism, and Community Engagement for neighborhood strategies. This position must demonstrate an understanding of the issues and community needs in order to align UWS work with the Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading. Must be a relationship builder, turned outward, data-driven, innovative, and results focused. Must be able to provide leadership and support to community, agencies and organization to further The Big Plan. The Big Plan is a UWS Community Impact initiative that addresses grade-level reading for children ages 0-9 in their homes, early learning centers, elementary schools and their neighborhoods. English/Spanish speaking preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Nurtures and builds upon existing relationships with entities outside UWS who are directly involved with implementation of The Big Plan, e.g. Assistant Principals, Teachers, Community Leaders, UWS Partner Organization program managers, County Government managers, school district GLR Liaison.
- Collaborates with Manager, Community Partnerships position to manage The Big Plan neighborhood strategies , including oversight and engagement of Reading Room(s), Out of School (OST) programs, family engagement and volunteer engagement.
- Conducts Community Forums in the focus neighborhoods to ensure program and community alignment and engagement with The Big Plan.
- Establishes timeline of “pop-up” events in additional neighborhoods to support multi-year rollout of The Big Plan.
- Attends and engages in community events as appropriate.
- In collaboration with UWS Senior Manager, Investment Strategies, serves as a Partner Agency liaison providing year-round leadership to UWS partner agencies funded for Education programs, including participation in the annual volunteer review funding process, conducting site visits, etc.
- Collaborates with Director, Strategic Impact to develop detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation to deliver projects as planned.
- Develops and maintains relationships with human services and community leaders to maximize UWS’s presence, build relationships, and identify potential partners for The Big Plan.
- Ensures timely and appropriate data collection, analysis and reporting delivered as needed; works with team members and provides research and applies best practices to the design and continuous improvement of all Community Impact activities. May draft communications materials for volunteer reports, events, marketing, or other organizational use.
- Demonstrates an understanding of education needs, issues and systems of quality education components. Articulates these both verbally and in writing to all stakeholders.
- Works with Manager, Community Partnerships to seek innovative, evidence-based strategies to support the work of funded partners and UWS initiatives across the organization.
- Commitment to, and consistent demonstration of, UWS Core Values:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The following represent the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Education, Public or Business administration, Community Relations, or related field preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in community service activities, education, and/or project management.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with volunteers.
- Must be available to work outside normal business hours.
- Excellent active listening, persuasion, negotiation, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong complex problem solving, ability to coordinate, critical thinking, interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Must have demonstrated a high level of experience and success in building productive professional/working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
Computer Skills: Intermediate knowledge and proven adaptability to changing computer technology and software programs. Advanced knowledge of MS Office software applications. Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org