|Job Title:||Senior Manager, Corporate Philanthropy|
|Reports to:||Vice President, Corporate Philanthropy|
|Location:||Tampa, FL w/ Regional Responsibilities|
Summary: The Senior Manager, Corporate Philanthropy is a committed team player that has demonstrated strength in these core competencies: collaboration, results driven, building strategic relationships, effective and engaging communicator and critical thinking/problem solving. They must demonstrate the ability to set goals and objectives to achieve results. Will have responsibility for regional corporate accounts throughout the five counties we serve.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Develop and implement annual and long-range plans for assigned portfolio to increase giving and levels of participation for corporate partnerships and individual giving and engagement.
- Work with volunteer leadership and executive team to establish and execute customized corporate and employee engagement strategies for portfolio of donors
- Prioritize and balance annual funding needs with emerging priorities, including special campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain current leadership and corporate partners
- Serve as a liaison and engage donors with affinity groups and other opportunities as identified.
- Manage donor data efficiently and effectively by using the current CRM system.
- Accurately project annual and multi-year revenue through assigned portfolio.
- Responsible for selling the engagement platform, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, to current and new companies identified through discovery of corporate social responsibility needs.
- Participate in community and civic activities or organizations to increase networking and public awareness of UWS
- Demonstrate persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be strategic in building new business opportunities and managing volunteers.
- Demonstrated task, time, and project management skills consistently
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and independent judgement and or actions in evaluating situations and making decisions
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and four or more years of progressively responsible experience in the field of account management, fundraising, sales, or related field. Experience in consultative sales is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening, interpersonal, and persuasion skills required. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required. Problem sensitivity skills, cultural diversity skills and strategic thinking also required.
Presentation Skills: Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop presentations. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are necessary.
Language Skills. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high-profile decision makers.
Computer and Analytic Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org