|Job Title:||Senior Director, Operations and Community Partnerships|
|Reports to:||Chief Strategy and Operations Officer|
Summary: Under the general direction of the Chief Strategy and Operations Officer (CSOO), the Senior Director, Operations and Community Partnerships is responsible for the integration of the community partnership strategies and the United Way Suncoast (UWS) funding (referred to as the investment process) and regional contract management. They are responsible for ensuring the strategic alignment and sound stewardship of UWS financial and non-financial resources. They are also responsible for the management and oversight of the Community Impact program and funded program data collection, data integrity, analysis, and reporting processes. The Senior Director, Operations and Community Partnerships, will help to create plans, implement strategies, and provide resources to enable UWS’s volunteer leadership to make the most strategically aligned and thoughtful investment and partnership decisions to generate impact in Education and Financial Stability across the five-county footprint. They work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all strategic processes align with best practice principles around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Continuous Improvement. They represent the CSOO when needed internally and externally.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Community Investment Process
- Provides oversight and direction for the regional Community Investment process that provides funding to social service agencies in the amount of $8-$10 million annually across the United Way Suncoast (UWS) footprint. Provides leadership and management across the UWS region.
- Leads cross-functional investment strategy teams to update investment frameworks and foundational documents. Continues to research innovative and relevant investment strategies to inform the process for future investment opportunities.
- Facilitates community conversations and workshops with internal and external stakeholders.
- Directs all aspects of the United Way Suncoast Investment process. Works to incorporate uniformity in process across the region.
- Team member lead to present regional and local investment recommendations to Boards, Community Impact Committees and UWS Team. Internal and external spokesperson to communicate UWS’s Investment approach and strategy.
- Prepares funding reports and presentations for organization’s team and volunteer leadership.
- Provides oversite in the creation of applications and evaluation criteria.
- Collaborates with other area funders to ensure strategic alignment across community issues. Connecting with other grantmaking affinity groups locally and across the state of Florida.
- Leads the contract and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) creation process across the footprint, monitoring, tracking and ensuring compliance. Works cross functionally with program owners and the Finance Team to prepare and execute contracts and MOUs.
- Works with key community partners and affliates ensuring proper precedures and measures are utlized and implemented.
- Provides foundational and planning supports for regional Learning Communities involving funded and non-funded partners.
- Coordinates relevant implementation of United Way World Wide parntership opportunities.
Data Collection, Analysis, and Reporting
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the Community Impact program and funded program data collection, data integrity, analysis, and reporting.
- Provides leadership and management to the Manager, Data and Outcomes.
- Supports the organizational focus on alignment of reporting metrics and using data for continuous improvement.
- Implements the use of key data management systems (E-CImpact, Civicore, CRM and Andar) and supports the Vice President, Information Technology with program level data for the organizational dashboard.
- Serves as Community Impact contract manager for all community investments across the region.
- Serves as the MOU contract manager for all partnership agreements across the region.
- Provides support to program staff in creating contracts and MOUs.
- Supports the UWS admins with contract management tracking system.
- Informs and supports the Finance Team with improved payment schedules that adhere to the accounts payable process.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in nonprofit management, public administration, financial sector, or education. Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in related field preferred, in addition to a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Five to seven years of progressively increasing responsibilities. A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience working with grants management, project management, or project administration, and successful relationship-building and data management. Must have demonstrated success in directing large, multi-facetted projects simultaneously and be time/deadline sensitive.
- Knowledge of Project Management, Grants Management, Finance, Data Reporting Methods, required.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent communication skills, oral and written, including active listening, conflict resolution, coordination, facilitation, social perceptiveness, and consensus-building skills necessary. Successfully influence diverse individuals and groups to achieve necessary outcomes.
Computer Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS Office software, E-CImpact or similar program and use of internet and database programs.
Presentations Skills: Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop and deliver presentations, excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Excellent facilitation skills.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated ability to work across organizations from senior leadership of high-profile organizations to grants and contracts managers, and finance and program staff. A positive track record of productively engaging diverse constituencies. Able to facilitate strong partner relationships, problem solve, apply critical thinking and sound judgment skills. Must be self-motivated and work well independently and at the same time be a strong team player and work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The team member primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org