|Job Title:||Manager/Senior Manager, Mentoring and Tutoring Strategies|
|Reports to:||Director, Education Strategies|
Summary: The overarching purpose of this position is to attract volunteers interested in serving as mentors or tutors for children and youth to the United Way Suncoast MentorSuncoast.org website, manage the website, manage the program approval process for programs to be listed on the website, and serve as the public face of the website. The position requires an enthusiastic, nimble, and personable individual skilled in working with people and accomplishing goals.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Mentoring and Tutoring Strategies must be customer and partner focused, possess a high level of competency in facilitation of diverse groups, a strategic thinker, comfortable with technology, data-driven, innovative, and results oriented. This position will work closely with a variety of internal and external partners to implement strategies across a range of audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- With the Director, Education Strategies, the United Way Suncoast Marketing Department and the HandsOnConnect contractor, support the launch and implementation of the MentorSuncoast.org website.
- Manage the MentorSuncoast.org website for recruiting potential volunteer mentors or tutors and connecting them with program opportunities that match their interests and skills. Provide ongoing oversight, direction and day-to-day management of the website and the program approval process. Manage the Mentoring/Tutoring budget(s).
- With the Director, Education Strategies, co-facilitate a MentorSuncoast.org advisory committee to advise on the development of the approval process for Mentoring and Tutoring programs to be listed on the website, as well as on other aspects of MentorSuncoast.org. Work closely with the Director, Education Strategies and the Advisory Board to develop the approval process for programs wishing to list their volunteer opportunities on the website.
- In collaboration and coordination with the United Way Suncoast Marketing Department, and the Resource Development team, market mentoring/tutoring opportunities to drive potential volunteers to the website. This will include coordinating and hosting events and/or working with United Way Suncoast staff and others to host events, using social marketing resources, and sharing volunteer opportunities with corporate and a diverse group of community partners.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the United Way Suncoast Education team to support other Education programs and with team members within and outside of the United Way Suncoast Community Impact Department to implement strategies to enhance the early literacy, youth success and financial stability of children and youth in our region.
- In collaboration with other United Way Suncoast staff, develop and maintain relationships with human services, corporate (specifically coordinating with Resource Development), and other community leaders to maximize United Way Suncoast’s presence, build relationships, and identify potential partners for Education and Mentoring/Tutoring initiatives.
- Ensure timely and appropriate data collection, analysis and reporting delivered as needed; work with team members to research and apply best practices to the design and continuous improvement of the Mentoring and Tutoring website and related activities. This will include gathering feedback on the functionality and user friendliness of the website from program partners and volunteers. In partnership with our Marketing Department and Data/Outcomes manager, draft/write communications materials for volunteer reports, events, marketing, or other organizational use.
- Maintain a current understanding of and ability to articulate United Way Suncoast’s Strategic Plan, all impact and/or focus activities, and all results. Participate in appropriate internal and external committees/activities in support of United Way Suncoast’s community impact work.
- Must be available for occasional evening/weekend work.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Potentially, volunteers
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in education/counseling/social services or other relevant field, with advanced degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible relevant experience. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of experience and success in planning and directing large multi-faceted projects on time and on budget that achieve desired results. Experience as a mentor or tutor a plus. Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership of high-profile organizations and engage diverse constituencies in productive community efforts. Ability to facilitate strong partner relationships, build consensus, problem solve, apply critical thinking and judgment skills required.
A demonstrated understanding of regional education and mentoring/tutoring needs, issues and systems of quality, or the potential to develop these. The ability to articulate these both verbally and in writing to all stakeholders.
Must be self-motivated and work well independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
Knowledge of Project Management and Community Planning required. Knowledge of Educational and Mentoring and Tutoring Systems desired.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated success using excellent communication skills, oral and written, including active listening, conflict resolution, coordination, facilitation, social perceptiveness, and consensus building skills necessary. Successful team-building and influencing diverse individuals and groups to achieve necessary outcomes.
Computer Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software. Knowledge of software to be used in the website, such as Sales Force, a plus. Must have capacity to develop proficiency with website software and related programs.
Presentations Skills: Extremely proficient in presentation skills, training and facilitation, both one-on-one and in public. Must project a professional image at all times.
Driver’s License and use of automobile: Valid Driver’s License and automobile for use in travel across the Suncoast region required and a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels with significant in-field time. Driving is required to a variety of sites throughout DeSoto, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pinellas and Sarasota Counties.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org