|Job Title:||Manager/Senior Manager, Data and Outcomes|
|Reports to:||Senior Director, Operations and Community Partnerships|
Summary: Leads and directs the data and business analysis activities for United Way Suncoast. This includes data collection, outcome analysis, evaluation, presentation and communication of results related to United Way Suncoast’s Community Impact work, as well as tracking key organizational metrics to evaluate organizational performance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Data and Analytical Capacity
- Determine and implement procedures to improve and maintain data integrity. Conduct training, technical assistance and program monitoring on site. Analyze raw data once collected.
- Work with both program and other staff and service providers to ensure appropriate data is being collected, measured and communicated for accuracy of establishing baselines and gathering data for and reporting community wide results.
- Collect and track key data points related to United Way’s area of strategic focus. Create and maintain an organizational data book that contains current and sourced data related to our focus areas of Early Literacy, Youth Success and Financial Stability, and other key organizational initiatives.
- Manage all data requests for community, organizational partners, United Way Suncoast team members and United Way Worldwide. Serve as the Community Impact liaison to Resource Development and Marketing departments.
- Maintain community impact data management system and assist with training. Provide technical assistance to both internal and external system users.
- Design and develop data assessment projects, identify data sources and develop collection tools.
- Partner with grants staff to oversee evaluation components of grant applications and provide information for grants reporting.
- Develop recommendations and a comprehensive plan for data collection and analytics for all functions of the organization.
Coaching and Training
- Lead and support continuous improvement of United Way Suncoast programs and staff capacity to use data for decision making by identifying data needs, producing data analyses and incorporating staff input into ultimate program/initiative visualization.
- Provide one-on-one consultation with program staff on understanding program outcomes and methodologies that can be implemented for program improvement.
- Coordinate and conduct training on outcome evaluation for funded programs and United Way Suncoast staff.
- Provide support to managers regarding data oversight for program staff.
Outcome Development and Evaluation
- Design and develop program outcome measures and evaluations for internal and external programs based on prior program practice and identified best practices.
- Work in partnership with Senior Manager, Investment Strategies, to create grant applications, scoring rubrics and reporting that monitors outcomes and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provide outcome-related technical assistance to United Way staff, volunteers and agencies.
- Statistically analyze the process and outcome performance of funded programs.
- Work with community partners to develop outcome measures for emerging programs and initiatives; represent United Way Suncoast on appropriate coalitions regarding outcomes and measurement.
- Design and conduct process evaluations of internal and external programs, particularly in those areas where United Way Suncoast serves as a convener.
- Design surveys for evaluation of programs and volunteer experiences.
- Create performance reports, scorecards and dashboards to illustrate United Way Suncoast performance.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
- Extremely proficient in presentation skills, training and facilitation, both one-on-one and publicly.. Ability to coordinate and conduct productive meetings.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills, including ability to listen, show respect, incorporate new learning in the workplace and communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, from neighborhood residents to funders and government officials required. Ability to appropriately present information and data in written, electronic and oral forms to diverse target audiences. Must always project a professional image
- Well developed technical, statistical and qualitative analysis skills related to program planning and evaluation. Proficiency in the use of CRM software; Tableau, dashboards or other data visualization tools.
- Independent self-starter with excellent project management skills. Ability to provide accurate information, plan and manage multiple tasks and individuals, set own goals, establish priorities and meet ambitious deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment both independently and as part of a team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Program Staff, Temporary Staff and Volunteers
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of four years relevant experience in planning and research. Equivalent combination of education and experience is accepted.
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs.
- Knowledgeable in research design as well as descriptive and inferential statistical analysis methods preferred.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org