|Job Title:||Manager, Grant Accounting|
|Reports to:||Vice President, Finance|
Summary: The Manager, Grant Accounting is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and grant support services in order to meet the needs of the organization and the donor. This position is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, providing financial reporting and analysis in support of the funded programs of United Way Suncoast. This position is also responsible for the operations of post-award grant administration and related accounting duties. Working closely with the other members of the Finance Team and the Program Managers, the Grant Accountant will focus heavily on budgeting, compliance, reporting and variance analysis functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions required.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Work with the V.P., Finance on cash flow forecasts for programs.
- Review invoices and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper accounting.
- Produce budget and expense analysis report.
- Prepare and distribute periodic invoices for project reimbursement.
- Review monthly financial results and communicate with appropriate program staff the financial position of the program.
- Coordinate with the Staff Accountant to process journal entries to various projects if needed.
- Ensure compliance of grants and contributions with Standard ASC-606, internal policies/procedures and donor rules/regulations.
Education and/or Experience: BS in Accounting required. Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to effectively communicate financial information to different audiences, both financial and non-financial.
Computer Skills: Requires excellent knowledge and understanding of spreadsheet software and general accounting programs. Should have ability to use word processing, data base and email software programs.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. They are frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. They must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Team member primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org