|Job Title:||Education Coordinator - Part Time|
|Reports to:||Senior Manager, Education Strategies|
|Location:||Tampa (Seminole Heights), FL|
Summary: The Education Coordinator will be housed at an after-school site and will help recruit, train and retain ReadingPal volunteers, identify the children who will receive tutoring, spend time reading with the students, administer the assessments for each student, collect data and provide regular reports to United Way Suncoast (UWS). The hours will be 3 pm to 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Responsible for managing volunteers for UWS in alignment with this initiative.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Early Education. Articulate these both verbally and in writing and able to model suitable teaching, mentoring and tutoring methods.
- Ability to assess children to determine if they are struggling with reading so that they may participate in the program. Monitor and maintain curriculum assessments as needed.
- May include working closely with school district staff in identifying students and sharing information to increase the alignment of the during-school-time instruction and the after-school-time support.
- Read with students when their volunteer ReadingPal is unable to attend, and to help the students toward their reading goals.
- Collect and report accurate data including volunteer attendance and retention and child outcomes.
- Implement goals and strategies for the ReadingPals Program in alignment with the mission of UWS.
- Ability to work independently at an off-site location, developing rapport with host site staff.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in education or related field or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum of two years in pursuit of an education degree will be considered. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of experience in teaching methods in early education. Experience working with volunteers including recruitment, engagement, and tracking preferred but not required.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong active listening, conflict resolution, coordination, facilitation, social perceptiveness, and consensus building skills necessary.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of MS office software.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee primarily works in a typical after school environment under moderate heat and moderate to loud noise levels, with occasional in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
All applicants will be required to undergo a background screening in order to meet the requirements of working with school children.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org