|Job Title:||Creative Director|
|Department:||Communications and Marketing|
|Reports to:||Senior Vice President, Communications and Marketing|
Summary: Hands on Creative Director will be responsible for creating all graphic and social media material, photography, infographic design, promotional and brand collateral assets as well as overseeing video production and editing. Creative Director will have primary responsibility for personally creating all visuals that tell the United Way Suncoast story, while meaningfully extending the United Way Suncoast messaging and brand design across all online and offline marketing channels.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Supervise outsourced projects.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of commercial printing and digital image processing.
This includes but is not limited to color specification, digital pre-press, paper specifications, folds, binding, die cuts, special finishes and other technical experience needed to plan, produce and manage projects that will be outsourced to commercial printing houses.
- Working in close association with the Sr. VP, Communications and Marketing, create and manage an annual production schedule.
- Occasionally serve as staff photographer.
- Design and produce marketing communications (print and digital) pieces for a wide variety of clients.
- Collaborate with creative team, internal account teams and clients to develop creative solutions and then translate those solutions through a variety of channels.
- Stay current on industry trends.
- Proactively recommend creative communications.
- Work with internal clients to ensure that a creative theme is included throughout.
- Provide accurate price quotes to meet client budgets while maintaining United Way pricing guidelines (keep within budget constraints).
- Design marketing communication pieces including overall theme development, individual piece designs, etc.
- Manage production of all print pieces from conception to completion.
- Coordinate with internal business partners as needed on the development of communications pieces.
- Maintain quality check on all pieces.
- Deliver projects within the agreed upon budget and timeline.
- Follow all department purchasing and delivery policies.
- Maintain cutting edge industry knowledge.
Education and/or Experience: Four-year related degree or technical degree equivalent.
A minimum of five years design experience in an in-house creative department or design firm.
Specific experience/skill sets desired:
- Strong creative, organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Adaptable and quick learner. Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for United Way Suncoast, as well as multiple clients.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with HTML and Word Press Content Managed System preferred.
- Strong skills with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, and a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge in graphic production process.
- Able to work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
Interpersonal Skills: Creative thinking, complex problem solving, able to translate technical terms into common language for non-technical colleagues. Critical thinking, social perceptiveness, interpersonal and judgment skills required.
Language Skills: Able to read, analyze and interpret articles about design across all platforms from print to digital. Able to write business correspondence. Able to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high profile decision makers.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the-field activities within the Suncoast area.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org