|Job Title:||Community and Volunteer Engagement Associate-Sarasota Area|
|Reports to:||Director, Community Engagement and Events|
Summary: Community and Volunteer Engagement Associate will deliver high-quality volunteer experiences and events to enhance corporate and community engagement. This position will involve the general public in volunteerism to retain and grow supporters across the DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota region in alignment with United Way Suncoast’s strategic objectives.
This position is based in the United Way Suncoast Sarasota Office with responsibilities covering the counties of: DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota. There is occasional required travel to the Tampa Office for training and in-person meetings. Regular virtual team meetings are also required. This position will require occasional non-standard hours as well as some nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- With guidance from the Director of Community Engagement and Events, cultivate relationships and maintain regular communication with nonprofit agencies, schools, neighborhoods, and social service agencies to solicit community needs. Gather on-going needs from community partners to create a project inventory.
- In conjunction with United Way’s Resource Development staff and the Manager of Corporate and Community Engagement, cultivate and solicit current and prospective corporate partners with a focus on growing support for employee volunteerism to meet local social needs.
- Autonomously match individuals and groups with volunteer opportunities to meet the community needs aligned with the mission of United Way Suncoast. Specifically, such efforts include scheduling meetings with community and corporate partners, establishing ongoing touch points before and after scheduled group service projects, and providing personalized stewardship after projects.
- Recognize frequent individual volunteers and recruit and train them to be Volunteer Leaders.
- In collaboration with the engagement team, under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement and Events, help plan regional volunteer events. Fully responsible for the coordination and execution of organization-wide volunteer initiatives in DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota. Work with the Manager of Community Engagement Operations to handle logistics and marketing of these efforts.
- Maintain accurate records and input data into online volunteer management systems, including the HandsOn, SPC, and CRM database portals. Compile reliable and accurate data and post-project evaluation reports for results measurement.
- Maintain a current understanding of and be able to articulate United Way Suncoast’s mission to the community.
- Participate in appropriate internal and external committees in support of United Way Suncoast’s community impact work, including representing United Way Suncoast at local Directors of Volunteers in Agencies (DOVIA) meetings.
- Commitment to, and consistent demonstration of, UWS Core Values: Integrity, Collaboration, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Stewardship, and Innovation
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
Knowledge of volunteer coordination, customer service, community relations, and/or event planning.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening, teamwork, and persuasion skills.
Language Skills: Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high profile decision makers.
Computer Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS Office software and data base programs. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems preferred.
Presentations Skills: Excellent public speaking and presentation skills needed.
Other Skills: Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required. Business writing skills necessary. Strong administrative and operational skills essential.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Licenses: Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels with significant in-field time. Driving is required to a variety of sites in DeSoto, Manatee, and Sarasota Counties.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org