|Job Title:||Chief Talent Officer|
|Department:||Office of the Chief Executive Officer|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
Summary: The Chief Talent Officer will be responsible for the full talent function, including acting as a champion of our organization’s culture. The Chief Talent Officer will drive key HR best practices and initiatives, elevate employee satisfaction and engagement, and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function. The Chief Talent Officer will act as an advisor and partner to the Executive Leadership Team with regards to leadership, coaching, engagement, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, organizational design, change management, and learning and development.
Objectives & Responsibilities (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Develop and implement a plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, progressive best practices and policies to help build a transparent, high-performing culture of accountability.
- Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned with achieving strategic objectives.
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR analytics + reporting, talent reviews, learning, change management, organizational design
- Champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts throughout the entire organization; make strategic recommendations on embedding our DEI values beyond immediate line of responsibility.
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention, and onboarding by refining/updating/creating key processes and procedures in these areas.
- Facilitate the integration of diverse workgroups.
- Coach and mentor fellow leaders and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of our organization
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 15 years progressive experience in HR, 3 years’ experience directly leading others
- Strong working knowledge of all facets of HR; demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions
- Results-driven leader, capable of leading change
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
Physical Demands: Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time. Will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office tools such as a printer, webcam, etc. Frequently communicates with others and must be able to exchange accurate information. Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
At United Way Suncoast, we strive each day to fulfill our Vision, Mission, and Core Values in everything we do. Each person and position play an important role in successfully making this happen.
VISION: A community united to create better opportunities for all.
MISSION: To provide leadership that improves and creates lasting community change by mobilizing the caring people of our communities to give, advocate, and volunteer. UWS fights for the education and financial stability of every person in the communities we service.
CORE VALUES: Values are the principles that guide our actions both internally and externally.
Our Causeway Code
- Assume a PPOV: We assume positivity in actions, decisions, in others, and assume it ourselves as our default disposition.
- Abide by an Open Mind: The important work we do leaves no room for ego. We remain open, honest, and flexible to make way for the very best idea.
- Demonstrate Teamwork: Accountable to each other. Appreciative of our individual contributions. Collaborative to make a big team impact.
- Be Here: Wherever “here” is, we’re there. We show each other respect by showing up, staying present, and fully engaged in every interaction.
- Drive with Determination: We approach our work with energy and determination. We put forth sincere effort to make sincere impact.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org