|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Reports to:||Chief Advancement Officer|
Summary: This non-exempt position performs support services for the Resource Development Team as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Provides comprehensive support to the Resource Development Team. Support is defined as customer account research, technical support with fundraising software, spreadsheet applications and word documents, assisting managers with preparation and maintenance of customer profiles (CEO cases), managing communications to volunteers, working with customers to deliver and pick up campaign materials and supplies and assisting team members in closing outstanding accounts.
- Assists with direct mailings to customers, including corporate accounts that require only solicitation via mail. Tracks results of the mailings and updates accounts for any changes to information.
- Provides comprehensive administrative and clerical support to the team, including mail, fax, duplicating and supplies within established timelines and quality standards.
- Provides complete and accurate information in response to questions from individual donors, corporate executives and representatives, board members, volunteers, community groups, vendors and internal staff. Requires well-developed interpersonal communication skills, tact and diplomacy to develop and maintain effective community relations.
- Prepares a variety of records, reports, correspondence and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Organizes and maintains efficient filing system for department information, reports and correspondence. Maintains and communicates status of projects. Responds to information requests.
- Reviews, routes and responds to correspondence as appropriate.
- Records and transcribes minutes of meetings as required.
- Participates in Administrative Services Team to provide comprehensive administrative and clerical support to other departments as necessary. Assists with organization projects and programs to provide optimum support services.
- Provides reception coverage as scheduled.
- Greets and handles all visitors and guests in a courteous and professional manner.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to solve routine problems within standardized policies and procedures. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Requires independent initiative under both specific and general supervision. Ability to travel to Hillsborough and Pinellas counties and other offsite locations as required.
Education and/or Experience: Requires knowledge and training in sales support/administrative procedures and minimum of two years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires basic to intermediate knowledge and application of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation computer software in P.C. environment. Basic knowledge of databases and email software programs. Requires basic mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and draw and interpret graphs.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, they are regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. They are frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. They must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee normally works in office environment under moderate heat and noise levels with moderate in-the-field activities within the Tampa Bay area.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org