OFFICIAL 2018 FREE TAX PREPARATION LOCATIONS
DID YOU EARN LESS THAN $66,000 LAST YEAR?
Have your federal tax return prepared, e-filed, and direct deposited for FREE. You don’t need to pay $200 or more for simple tax preparation! IRS-certified volunteers will prepare your taxes and ensure you get the largest refund for which you qualify. You may also be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) when you file.
Income tax returns are prepared and electronically filed for FREE at 33 different locations in our four county region! Several locations in Hillsborough County offer appointments; all others are walk-in basis only.
See the locations, times and days of operation by clicking one of the county links at the bottom of this page.
Let us prepare your taxes for you, or click the link below to prepare your own taxes using our free online filing option at www.MyFreeTaxes.com.
WHAT TO BRING
- Last year’s federal income tax return.
- Social Security cards and correct birth dates for all family members.
- A photo ID. If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must present a photo ID and be present to sign the return.
- All W-2 wage and tax statements for current tax year.
- All 1098 forms (for mortgage, higher education expenses, etc.).
- All forms 1099 and other income statements.
- Form 1095-A (ACA Healthcare)
- Amount of any income not reported on a statement.
- Records with amounts of deductible and qualified expenses not shown on a statement.
- A checking and/or savings account number for direct deposit (optional, but you will receive your refund faster than a paper check).
- Name, address and tax ID or social security number of any child care providers, along with the total amount paid for childcare.
United Way is also currently providing year-round taxes in four sites at Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Sarasota counties. Please see the link below for times and locations available:
LOCATIONS (2018 year-round season)
LOCATIONS (2018 tax season: Jan – Apr, 2018)
VITA in Manatee County is supported by United Way Suncoast and operated by Manatee Community Action Agency.
Manatee Community Action Agency
6428 Parkland Drive
Sarasota, FL 34243
Open Jan 29-April 14, 2018
Saturdays by appointment: Call 941-357-4596
13th Avenue Dream Center
922 24th Street East
Bradenton, FL 34206
Saturdays 8am – 12pm
Open by appointment only Feb 3-April 14, 2018
La Mirada Apartments
1636 55th Avenue Circle E
Bradenton, FL 34203
Saturdays 8am – 12pm
Open by appointment only: Call 941-357-4596
The following partners help make our free tax preparation possible through funding, training, site availability and support:
Bank of America
Hillsborough Community College
Linnie E. Dalbeck Memorial Foundation
Suncoast Credit Union