In October 2017, United Way Suncoast is proud to be chosen as one of five organizations across the nation to implement the Bank On program and host a Bank On Fellow, organized by Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund and funded by Wells Fargo.
Bank On’s goal is to ensure that everyone has access to safe and affordable financial products and services. Bank On Suncoast will work with local partners including municipal officials; city, state and federal government agencies; financial institutions; and community organizations that work to improve the financial stability of unbanked and underbanked residents in our communities.
Without a bank account, the average unbanked individual will spend $40,000 during their lifetime on check cashing fees. Bank On Suncoast is dedicated to achieving financial inclusion by connecting unbanked and underbanked residents to safe and affordable mainstream accounts in banks and credit unions and expanding access to financial education and other financial empowerment opportunities.
Ways to get involved
- Join Bank On Suncoast Taskforce meetings and become a Bank On Taskforce Partner. Taskforce Partners should participate in the planning and implementation of integrating safe banking into community services and municipal infrastructures.
- Certify your account to become a Bank On Account Partner. As a Bank On Account Partner, you will be featured on Bank On events and marketing efforts.
- Refer your friends to Bank On Approved Accounts. The approved accounts should be available at all branch locations of partnering financial institutions.
Bank On Approved Accounts in the Suncoast Region
- Wells Fargo – EasyPay Card
- Bank of America – Safe Balance Banking Account
- JPMorgan Chase – Liquid
- Citi – Access Account
For more information contact
Linlin Liang, M.A. at 813.274.0928 or email LLiang@uwsuncoast.org