ABC Action News
TAMPA, Fla. – This year there are new income standards that allows a household to qualify for free help on your 2016 tax returns.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is being offered in the Tampa area by offering free tax help this year to people who make less than $64,000.
United Way Suncoast has 42 locations across Tampa Bay in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Sarasota and DeSoto counties.
Here’s what to bring:
- Last year’s federal income tax return
- Social security cards and correct birth dates for all family members
- Photo IDs (If filing jointly, both spouses must present an ID and be present)
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked during the current tax year
- All 1098 forms
- All 1099 & other income forms
- Form 1095-A (ACA Healthcare)
- Records of deductible and qualified expenses not shown on a statement
- A voided check and/or savings account number for direct-deposit (encouraged).
- Name, address and Tax ID or social security number of any child care providers
To see a list of all the counties and locations, click here.