|Job Title:||Senior Vice President, Corporate Philanthropy|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Location:||Tampa, with regional responsibilities|
Summary: The Senior Vice President-Corporate Philanthropy (SVP-CP) is responsible for creating and implementing strategies and building relationships that will significantly increase revenue within our portfolio of corporate accounts. Leading the Corporate Relationship Team, the SVP-CP will maximize giving growth through a concerted effort to establish and grow meaningful relationships with company leadership, key influencers/stakeholders. He/she will also partner with the Senior Vice President, Individual Philanthropy and Affinity Groups to retain, strengthen and increase our current donor base and develop new business and new donor relationships.
The SVP-CP will be responsible for overseeing the creation and implementation of account plans across our portfolio of accounts and the consistent, accurate and effective use of the CRM system. The SVP-CP, along with his/her direct reports, will be responsible for developing a long-term vision and strategy for fundraising within our corporate partners. In addition, the SVP-CP will be responsible for developing metrics and goals for leadership and Corporate Relationship staff, creating standards for CEO visits, corporate campaign analysis, Community Account Manager and Speaker training, Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) Training, and enhancing the ECC experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Corporate Account Management
• Lead team and be accountable for building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key corporate partners and individual donors within the account portfolio.
• Accountable for completing face-to-face meetings, in partnership with the Corporate Relationship Team, with customers and prospects within our corporate accounts in order to expand United Way’s influence within each organization.
• Lead and supervise Corporate team members ensuring that annual plans are developed and are fully executed. Ensure that donor touchpoints are executed and documented in a timely fashion with all key corporate relationships.
• In partnership with Individual Philanthropy and Affinity Groups team, develop plans to engage individual donors and to steward and cultivate the relationships.
• Work with the Senior Director, Corporate Philanthropy to lead team in providing the “ideal experience” for the donors by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts regardless of the size, and regularly communicating about United Way Suncoast investments and the community impact those investments are making.
• Work with the Senior Director, Corporate Philanthropy to lead the Corporate Relationship Team to design, manage, and implement opportunities to increase financial support of United Way through workplace campaigns, individual contributions, and industry events.
• Work with the Senior Director, Corporate Philanthropy to ensure that all account campaign managers and volunteers are effectively trained to represent the work and priorities of United Way Suncoast during the campaign.
• Evaluate all corporate accounts and segment them by account type, while developing opportunities to increase engagement and results. Assign account portfolios to team members.
• Ensure the consistent, accurate and effective use of the CRM system.
Strategic Account Planning
• Responsible for creating annual operating plans and long-term business strategies to increase our relationship and revenue with our corporate partners. Manage for results from monthly projections against goal, with a strong emphasis on clarity and accuracy of revenue projections.
• Work with the Senior Director, Corporate Philanthropy, to lead the Corporate Relationship Team in the development of annual account-level goals.
• Track revenue generation, retention, visits and key business activity throughout the year, providing regular activity status, updates of projections to target and conduct the appropriate account analysis to build and refine business goals.
• Gain market intelligence and develop corresponding strategies that lead to increased market and company penetration and improved forecasting accuracy.
• Develop with the CEO and RD Team, United Way Suncoast strategy for coverage of CEO visits.
• Serve as primary staff lead for volunteer-led Campaign Cabinet. Work with the SVP of Individual Philanthropy and Affinity Groups to staff a Resource Development council.
Cross Functional Account Team Leadership
• Create and oversee the implementation of cross functional account teams to support the creation of annual account plans.
• Work effectively with other functions at United Way to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals. Foster exemplary customer service in stewarding relationships within corporate accounts.
• Working with staff and volunteers, the SVP-CP will drive the execution of their plan and manage the action steps and results from these efforts.
Goals and Objectives
• Work with the Chief Strategy and Operations Officer (CSOO) to develop metrics and objectives for Resource Development staff and work with team to ensure accountability for assigned objectives.
• Work with the Senior Director, Corporate Philanthropy and the CSOO to ensure timely corporate campaign analysis and reporting.
• Achieve annual revenue goals for account portfolio, including specific metrics to be included in annual performance objectives.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive plan to successfully deploy your time and United Way resources/volunteer time against revenue objectives.
• In partnership with the Senior Director, Corporate Philanthropy and the full Resource Development Team, maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records in CRM and Andar in order to analyze the effectiveness of the plan against delivering objectives.
• Organize relationship management and donor responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
Staff Leadership and Development
• The SVP-CP is responsible for coaching and managing a high-performance team to create vision and strategies to enhance relationships between United Way and all industry sectors.
• Select, guide, motivate, and participate in the training, professional development, and evaluation of direct reports.
• Provide goal-setting, visioning, leadership, and strategic direction for Corporate Relationship Team members.
• Responsible for accurate and timely completion and/or approval of organizational documents, including but not limited to performance reviews, professional development plans, goals and objectives, timekeeping, expense and travel reimbursements, credit card reports, requisitions, and ongoing documentation of performance accomplishments and areas requiring improvement.
Education, Qualifications and Skills:
An undergraduate degree in business, sales and marketing or a relevant discipline from a four-year accredited institution of higher learning. Advanced degree and Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification and/or commensurate experience preferred.
Previous 7 plus years’ experience in a not-for-profit fund-raising program or consulting firm with a proven track record of developing substantial donations. Governance and management experience in working with not-for-profit boards of directors and leadership committees.
Ability to function at both strategic and tactical levels
Proven project management skills
Team building and relationship skills
Experience in organizational and community development principles and practices, outcome measurement process and principals of collaboration
Strong presentation and facilitation skills
Excellent communication skills
Strong data analytical and interpretive skills, ability to measure and report on quantitative impact results
Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, high degree of integrity, self-motivation, initiative and work well under pressure
Maintain strong professional image, demonstrate discretion and observe confidentiality
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org