|Job Title:||Senior Manager, Affinity Groups/Major Gifts|
|Reports to:||Chief Development Officer|
Summary: The Senior Manager, Affinity Groups/Major Gifts is a full-time United Way staff position. The Affinity Groups are a key group of volunteers and donors with shared interests, ideas and backgrounds. They inspire, empower and embolden each other to become agents of change in our community through philanthropy, advocacy and volunteerism. The Senior Manager Affinity Groups/Major Gifts is responsible for executing the strategy for the organization’s affinity groups to include recruitment, management, engagement and retention of volunteers with the purpose of supporting and advancing the mission of the United Way Suncoast.
The Senior Manager, Affinity Groups/Major Gifts will use proven best practices to manage the Affinity groups to include maintaining an active steering committee, a variety of engagement activities and facilitating members direct involvement with recruitment, volunteering, public policy and fundraising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Achieve financial, growth and engagement goals associated with Affinity groups.
- Manage a major gift portfolio and achieve growth and retention goals.
- Assist in the development of program goals that are aligned with the organizational perspective and best practices; engage corporate relationship managers and Major Gifts team appropriately in the development and execution of goals.
- Identify, recruit and steward regional leadership donors and volunteer ambassadors both in and out of the workplace campaigns, including lapsed donors.
- Manage regional Affinity committees made up of leadership and major donors for the purpose and advancement of the United Way Suncoast mission.
- Identify committee assignments that provide meaningful engagement for members.
- In alignment with other United Way Suncoast priorities, and working with United Way Suncoast Senior Leadership and Board members to establish year-round leadership donors, engagement and volunteer activities to maximize revenue, build donor loyalty, encourage retention and meet United Way Suncoast’s community impact objectives.
- Seek new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and community.
- Orient affinity members to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of the Affinity group.
- Plan and implement formal and informal recognition activities to recognize the contribution of members.
- In collaboration and alignment with Marketing, assist with the creation of necessary collateral to support the programs and maintain corresponding social media and newsletter material.
- Represent United Way Suncoast with a variety of external constituencies.
- Develop and manage a budget for the Affinity groups and support activities.
- Prepare financial reports and forecasts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business, marketing, or communications discipline, and a minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience.
Budget management experience, the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; the ability to set and achieve short and long-term goals, and the ability to identify and access long-range giving potential. This role requires a high degree of personal responsibility and integrity.
- Be investor centric and deliver stellar customer service consistently
- Be effective organizing, motivating and supporting volunteer committees
- Have excellent time, planning, project and event management skills
- Be able to present and communicate in both written and verbal forms
- Be agile, resilient, detailed and creative
- Be able to successfully work on own initiative
- Be able to handle demands, targets, guidelines, and high stress situations
- Have excellent networking and business acquisition skills
- Be consistent, dependable and efficient
- Have leadership and organizational skills
- Superior nonverbal awareness and communication skills
- Excellent active listening and ability to show empathy
- Persuasive, consultative selling and negotiating skills
- Strong complex problem solving, coordination, critical thinking, interpersonal and judgment skills required
- Must have demonstrated a high level of experience and success in building productive, professional and working relationships with diverse individuals and groups
Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, news articles and professional publications. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high profile decision makers.
Computer and Analytic Skills:
Requires advanced knowledge of MS Office software and data base programs. Strong analytic and strategic planning skills required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast region.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions.
United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org