|Job Title:||Resource Center Associate|
|Reports to:||Senior Manager, Neighborhood Initiatives|
This Non-Exempt position serves as the day-to-day administrative support for the Sulphur Springs Resource Center. Candidate must be customer focused, data-driven, organized and results oriented. He/she must also believe and exemplify United Way Suncoast’s mission, vision and values.
The Resource Center Associate will assist with the development and the implementation of work standards, methods, procedures, improvements, and the overall assessment of assigned areas. Other duties will include providing leadership and support to community, agencies and organizations to further the mission of the program. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the issues, community needs, and existing systems of care related to the assigned impact and/or focus area. He/she must also be able to effectively articulate core standards, both verbally and in writing, to multiple audiences with the expressed purpose of raising public awareness of issues, educating donors, convening community around issues and affecting community action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve as a professional representative of United Way Suncoast, complying with established corporate guidelines and in support of the organization’s mission and vision.
2. Provide general administrative support to Resource Center staff and Director of Neighborhood Strategies.
3. Assist customers with computers, scanning, faxing, copying and other resources.
4. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
5. Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence including mail, faxes, flyers and other material.
6. Perform data entry, prepare reports and scan documents into appropriate folders.
7. Schedule and coordinate meetings and manage calendar of events for center.
8. Assist in resolving any administrative problems.
9. Answer and direct phone calls.
10. Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
11. Create and design flyers for programs and events.
12. Order, stock and maintain supplies and maintain general upkeep of center.
13. Attend and assist with job fairs and community events.
14. Manage data efficiently and accurately.
15. Participate in internal and external committees to gain and keep current United Way Suncoast understanding.
16. Participate in community and civic activities to increase networking and public awareness of United Way Suncoast.
17. Conduct operations effectively and efficiently and promote a cooperative spirit within the United Way Suncoast organization.
18. Some weekend work required.
19. Serve as a point of contact for community engagement while implementing United Way Suncoast community impact objectives.
20. Provide the “ideal experience” for the community by promptly handling inquiries and regularly communicating the community impact of the center.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ideal candidate understands the value of personal relationships in the business environment, has rapport with a wide range of people at varying levels in the organization, maintains composure in potentially stressful or difficult situations, and possesses a desire for professional development.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of social work, education, administration or related field. Knowledge of Customer Service, Project Management, Volunteer Management, Data Analytics, Written and Oral Communication Skills, High Expectancy, Self Starter, Strategic Thinker/ Planner. Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
Excellent active listening, negotiating, conflict resolution, coordination, social perceptiveness, and consensus building skills necessary. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required. Business writing skills are necessary. Problem sensitivity skills, cultural diversity skills and strategic thinking also required. Must have demonstrated a high level of experience and success in building productive professional/working relationships with diverse individuals and groups. Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person is necessary. Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills and the ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Position requires knowledge and ability to develop presentations. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are necessary. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high-profile decision makers.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Fluency in verbal and written English/Spanish is desired. Ability to write reports and business correspondence is necessary.
Good research skills and attention to detail.
Computer and Analytic Skills:
Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs. Must be able to apply modern office methods and practices including filing, proofreading, formatting, report writing, copying, operation of computer software programs including work processing and spreadsheet tools, calculators, and other standard office equipment. Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
Valid Florida Driver’s License
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
Local Candidates Only
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org