|Job Title:||Marketing Communications Specialist|
|Department:||Marketing and Engagement|
|Reports to:||Marketing and Communications Manager|
Summary: The Marketing Communications Specialist is a results oriented communications professional responsible for developing, implementing, assessing and refining marketing communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure that the messaging and communications clearly convey the United Way story and impact work.
• Write communications on the organization’s mission and success in the community in the impact areas of youth education, financial stability and volunteer engagement; must be accurate, jargon-free, and communicate the connection to our organizational objectives.
• Develop processes and systems to ensure the information is accurate and agreed upon by all involved parties.
• Obtain, write and format success stories from donors, recipients, volunteers, and agencies.
• Assist Chief Marketing Officer in creating and distributing press releases to support organizational initiatives and events.
• Responsible for key Marketing activities, including, but not limited to:
o Creating and track e-blasts, invitations for United Way Suncoast events, newsletters and promotions.
o Collaborating across departments to produce and post compelling content for the organization’s website to ensure that the site makes it easy for visitors to give, advocate or volunteer in support of United Way Suncoast’s community impact goals.
o Assisting the Marketing and Communications Manager with content creation and execution on the Digital Services joint initiative.
o Regularly reviewing and updating content on our website. Build web readership and drive site traffic through the use of effective web marketing.
o Managing content for social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube with direction from the Marketing and Communications Manager.
o Establishing effective benchmarks for measuring impact of online and social media programs including but not limited to eNews lists, Facebook likes, Twitter followers and other followers. Track, analyze and create reports on the effectiveness of tools and audiences engaged.
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with major course work in journalism, marketing or related experience preferred
• Background in and experience with eMarketing highly preferred
• Knowledge of database design concepts, computer hardware systems, operating systems
• Demonstrated skills in implementing web technologies, including but not limited to: feeds, blogs, wikis, podcasts, video streaming, surveys, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube administration and other emerging user community-building techniques
• Excellent organization, project management and time-budgeting skills to manage multiple, deadline-sensitive projects with ease and attention to detail.
• Excellent active listening, interpersonal, persuasion, and presentation skills required. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required.
• Positive, flexible attitude with a high level of energy
• Enthusiasm for teamwork and dedication to responsiveness to internal and external customers
• Passion for United Way’s mission and the ability to tie everyday decisions to the mission to ensure the success of the organization
• Proper command of American English language composition, usage, grammar, syntax, vocabulary, spelling, and punctuation; editing or proofreading experience desirable
Additional Technical Skills: The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft CRM and Salesforce.com.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Other Skills: Problem solving capabilities and cultural diversity skills.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org