|Job Title:||Financial Coach - Champions for Children (Positive Parenting Partnership Program/P3 -Grant Funded Position)|
|Reports to:||Manager, Financial Stability|
Summary: This non-exempt position connects clients to community supports, builds relationships within community to improve supports for clients, and records outcomes of clients and program to allow families access to financial stability supports as needed and to achieve their personal financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
• Help families access and align around resources from Financial Stability partners to support family success.
• Help families set financial stability goals and build a plan for achievement of these goals in a realistic timeline.
• Develop and track the success plans of families in Champions for Children to encourage, support, and facilitate progress on goals.
• Support parents’ ability to move toward their own goals.
• Apply equity lens to all areas of work in order to understand and remove barriers to success expressed by families.
• Maintain a client-focused lens in all work being done to ensure clients are supported.
• Assess community needs and national best practices on Financial Stability supports. Determine successful steps needed for a family’s financial stability.
• Establish relationships with local Financial Stability entities, human service providers, and government and community leaders to build a network of support for clients in program in order to achieve successful steps for stability.
• Is aware of community resources at each entity and the yearly cycle of resources each entity has.
• Work within a team at United Way Suncoast and Champions for Children to develop and implement the key priorities for Financial Stability focus area work.
• Seek innovative, evidence-based strategies to support the work of Champions for Children and United Way Suncoast across the community.
• Demonstrate an understanding of regional drivers affecting area workforce, education and income, as well as household financial education needs. Articulate these both verbally and in writing to all stakeholders.
• Meet with clients on an ongoing basis to analyze and evaluate client financial success.
Adjust client goal-setting as appropriate.
• Assess success of financial stability relationships including quantity, quality, and efficacy of efforts. Update process as needed.
• Analyze success of Financial Case Management within the strategic goals of both Champions for Children and United Way Suncoast. Improve upon process annually to increase rate of success within clients.
• Adhere to all reporting as listed in the Federal Grant.
1. Ability to learn and grow through a professional development plan process and succeed within a results-oriented culture.
2. Knowledge of or willingness to learn about, the cultural and internal barriers to family success in family financial stability.
3. Must project a professional image at all times.
4. Excellent communication (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills including ability to listen, show respect, incorporate new learning in the workplace and communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, from neighborhood residents to funders and government officials required. Ability to appropriately present information and data in written, electronic and oral forms to diverse target audiences.
5. Independent self-starter with excellent project management skills. Ability to provide accurate information, plan and manage multiple tasks and individuals, set own goals, establish priorities and meet ambitious deadlines in a timely manner.
6. Ability to coordinate and conduct productive meetings.
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment both independently and as part of a team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: To Be Determined
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of social services or program management
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Fluency in Spanish is desirable
• Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs
Licenses: Florida Driver’s License
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area. Work may include evenings and weekends to accommodate client needs.
Applicant will need to pass a Level Two background fingerprint and drug test before starting the position.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org