|Job Title:||Director, Grants Writer|
|Reports to:||Chief Development Officer|
|Location:||Tampa, with regional responsibilities|
Summary: The Director, Grants Writer researches and identifies potential sources of corporate, foundation and government grant funding to support the mission and community impact initiatives for United Way Suncoast. Responsible for writing compelling proposals to actualize those grants, this
position will manage key funder relationships, develop internal grant management processes, and track and respond to all reporting requirements, ensuring that grant funds are used in compliance with desired outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Researches and identifies new government and private funding prospects.
2. Refines existing grants management process, identifying areas of improvement and implementing those changes.
3. Collects and tracks key data points related to United Way Suncoast’s areas of strategic focus.
4. Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
5. Generates revenues for United Way Suncoast’s internal programs, services and impact areas through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented proposals.
a. Facilitates discussion with community impact staff and other program staff to ensure the
essential elements of the project are gathered and communicated;
b. In partnership with the Finance staff, prepares all budgetary portions of the grant;
c. Secures all necessary endorsement letters and signatures;
d. Ensures thoroughness and accuracy of entire proposal and its timely submission.
e. Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
6. Develops and maintains a database of foundations and grant makers for United Way Suncoast’s initiatives. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the database, including creating new records and accurate and timely entry of all grants, grant reporting requirements, proposals and donor information. Coordinates regular data clean up and merging of records with the Department.
7. Writes reports to government, foundations and other funders to meet compliance requirements of grants secured.
8. Manages and monitors multiple grant applications, follow-up and reports.
9. Assists with annual organizational audits and routine grant-related correspondence, maintains grant and sub-grant files, provides general support on Andar, and undertakes other administrative duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of grant application process and writing of applications required. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills; great attention to detail, capable of working independently, as well as having excellent communication skills and the ability to work in team situations.
Ability to read, interpret and report information in clear, concise, and useful formats.
Ability to write clear, structured, organized proposals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Requires intermediate mathematical skills and abilities. Ability to compile, analyze and interpret statistical information.
Proactive problem solving and analytical ability. Identify source of existing problems and resolve within context of organizational policies and procedures.
Intermediate knowledge and proven adaptability to changing computer technology and software programs. Advanced knowledge of MS Office software applications. Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to adapt and work in a rapidly changing organizational environment. Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills required. Ability to coordinate multiple participants and monitor individual and group progress against goals. Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org