|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant (Manatee Office)|
|Reports to:||Manatee Area President|
|Location:||Manatee Office of United Way Suncoast|
Summary: Supports and ensures the smooth operation of the Manatee Office of United Way Suncoast. Performs administrative support work for the Manatee Area President and other United Way staff as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides comprehensive administrative and clerical support to United Way’s Manatee Area President which may include PowerPoint presentations, organization of contacts and emails in Outlook, mail, fax, duplicating and ordering/providing supplies within established timelines and quality standards.
2. Handles and responds to a wide variety of telephone calls and inquiries from corporate personnel, donors, volunteers, agencies and vendors. Provides complete and accurate information in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Organizes and maintains efficient filing system (online and physical) for department and office information, reports and correspondence. Maintains and communicates status of projects. Responds to information requests.
4. Reviews, routes and responds to correspondence as appropriate.
5. Coordinates and arranges Manatee Area Board meetings and Manatee Area President-led meetings. Prepares agenda, reserves and prepares facilities and other logistics as needed, including audiovisual equipment, food and beverages and post-meeting clean up. Maintains RSVP lists for meetings as needed. Records and transcribes minutes of meetings as required.
6. Organizes, coordinates and updates team and other Manatee staff, as well as maintaining staff time-off and events/meetings. Reschedules and arranges appointments as necessary to avoid conflicts. Notifies every one of schedule, cancellations and/or changes. Maintains and updates contact lists (i.e., Board of Directors, Foundation Trustees, committees, etc.).
7. Participates in Administrative Services Team to provide comprehensive administrative and clerical support to other departments as necessary. Assists with organization projects and programs to provide optimum support services. Acts as liaison for all office technology and support services to facilitate work flow processes.
8. Serves as a liaison to the building’s management office regarding property management issues in suite and office refurbishment projects.
9. Opens mail, logging and preparing cash received. Collects and distributes mail.
10. Prepares routine correspondence, documents, reports, certificates, notices, and agendas and maintains appropriate files for all meetings attended by or hosted by Manatee Area President.
11. As needed, manages special event and program meetings. Facilitates collateral materials to include invitations, announcements, programs, flyers, etc. Participates in special events and follow-up activities, as requested.
12. Maintains staff time-off and events/meetings calendar as well as contact lists (ex: Board of Directors, Foundation Trustees, committees, etc.).
13. Plans and/or coordinates and executes Staff Celebrations and internal United Way Suncoast events.
14. Greets and handles all visitors and guests in a courteous and professional manner when the Receptionists are unavailable. Acts as liaison to Manatee Chamber of Commerce to ensure coverage at McClure Center facility.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Requires knowledge and training in administrative and clerical procedures. An Associates Degree and a minimum of three years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Must be a detail-oriented person with the ability to perform accurately and complete self-reviews of work.
Ability to effectively relay information and respond to questions from vendors, donors and internal staff. Requires well-developed interpersonal communication skills, tact and diplomacy to develop and maintain effective community relations.
Requires basic mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to solve routine problems within standardized policies and procedures. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Requires independent initiative under both specific and general supervision.
Requires intermediate knowledge and application of word processing, email software, databases, spreadsheet and presentation computer software in a PC environment. Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Other Skills and Abilities
Highly organized and attention to detail.
Valid Florida Driver’s License
Ability to travel to multiple counties and other offsite locations as required.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area. Tobacco free campus.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers.unitedway.org